Saturday, February 19, 2011

Full Moon Today?

Wow, we had the strangest day!  It was one weird thing after another.  We finally surrendered to it at one point and began laughing so hard we were crying.  Is there anything better than laughing so hard you are crying???  It doesn't happen all that often but when it does you almost feel like every little weight sitting in your shoulders has been instantly lifted.  I digress...

At first glance you could say that nothing really went right today.  As I thought more about it, the day was actually great because every instance that seemingly didn't go our way, actually turned into something good.

We kicked off the day with Jack and Dad going to hockey.  Jack spent 5 minutes on the ice during the 1/2 hour pre-lesson practice and decided he was done and wanted to go home.  Corey did not have high hopes for the lesson and was bummed about it.  The lesson started and Jack kicked it into high gear - well, maybe more like low gear - but the point is he was moving and wasn't the last kid to finish each of the drills.  He kicked some butt and for the first time did not earn his Mrs. Towiggins nickname.

We quickly changed clothes and headed out to grab some lunch at Mc. D's before Griffin's birthday party.  Timing was tight as we had exactly 25 minutes to get there, eat, and head out for the party.  Half way there, I realized I left my brand new phone on the hood of my car.  Oh no, not again!!!  I did this once before and it was smashed to pulverines by a passing car.  Immediate u-turn and the hunt was on to find my little red wonder that has become my left arm.  Alas!  We spotted it in the middle of our busy road.  Surprisingly, it was untouched and in perfect condition.  Whew, dodged a bullet there!

All went well with lunch so we headed over to the party joint.  As we walked in I announced to the greeter that we were there for Griffin's party.  I knew something was amiss when she looked at me like I was crazy.  Are we at the wrong location?  Do we have the wrong day?  Have we completely lost it?  Dad got on the horn with Eric and asked "isn't the party today?" and Eric replied "no, it's tomorrow, you're there right now?'  We left with our tail between our legs and the still wrapped present in tow.  Oops, my bad!  Let's chalk it up as a dry run for tomorrow, when the REAL party is.

The boys were a little disappointed but were such troopers about it so I decided it would be fun to treat them to a movie.  My gut was telling me that taking Mosh to a movie was a baaaad idea, but I didn't have the heart to make him stay home, so off we went.  Gnomeo and Juliet, here we come, and in 3D no less!  So, a side note to the movie industry, 10 previews is probably NOT a good idea for a kids movie.  Josh had polished off his pretzel and was ready to head out by the fourth preview.  What to do... what to do... text to Dad "wanna come get Josh?"  Dad to Mom: "Really?"  Mom to Dad: "Movie hasn't even started yet and he's a maniac."  Dad to Mom: "Be there in a few."  I was able to snap one quick (pardon the badness) photo with his 3D glasses on before I sent him packing.  Our fellow movie go-ers were loving me as the blinding flash was causing them to see spots.

Jack and I both loved the movie (although you wouldn't guess it from this photo) and it turned out to be some very special bonding time for the two of us.  I will treasure every minute I get to hold my little man's hand and cuddle him while he giggles at funny scenes he's really too young to fully understand.

While we didn't have a care in the world, Dad was home with an extremely cranky, teething Jamison and our little, short attention spanned toddler.  It was time for Jamison to sleep so Dad slapped on Toy Story for Josh to keep him occupied and headed upstairs to get Jamison to sleep.  Since he was preoccupied for a few minutes, Josh found it to be a good opportunity to help himself to the heart-shaped Peeps lingering from Valentines.  Apparently, he had fists full and no shortage of marshmallow in his mouth.  This kid is so smart!  Not sure what "good" came out of this other than Josh was FINALLY able to indulge in the much anticipated marshmallow hearts he's been longing for.

Cheers to a strange, interesting, and hidden-treasure filled day!  Oh, and to laughing so hard you cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment