Monday, August 8, 2011

Brotherly Love

 An unexpected perk of being a parent of multiple kids is witnessing the intense love they have for each other.  Of course, there is certainly no shortage of fighting but I'm always so fascinated with the love, caring, and genuine concern they have for each other.  
Who are these clowns? Get me the he!! out of here.
We drop Jamison off first at his classroom everyday and he has been known to cry as we are closing the door behind us.  Joshi always says "it's ok Jamison, we'll be back to get you after nap time, don't cry, Mommy's here" and gives him a big hug.  It is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen and is enough to warm even tin man's heart.  

Jack will do anything to cheer his brothers up when they are crying, even if it means foregoing his own happiness.  I picked Jack up first on Wednesday.  He was SO excited to show me his cool noodle necklace he had made that day.  He was wearing it with pride.  We headed off to Joshi's room and as soon as we walked in Joshi busted into a meltdown of tears.  Apparently, there was a minor altercation between him and another little friend (who, ahem, doesn't have the best reputation shall we say) and he had bottled up the emotions - apparently saving them for Mommy.  I picked him up and cuddled him in my lap.  The cuddles weren't working so Jack immediately jumped into action and said "it's ok Joshi, what can we do to help you?"  He actually got down on his knee's and took his beloved new necklace off his neck and said "here, you can have my necklace."  I was so proud of his complete and total unselfishness and it took everything in me not to scoop him up and give and five minute bear hug.

I have a zillion examples but I'll only give you one more and that is how they react if they feel unsure about something or feel a little insecure about a situation.  It's like they instinctively know to stay within an arms reach of each other in the event they may need each other.  The moment a situation gets hairy they immediately grasp hands.  I captured some sweet little pics of this very phenomenon that actually happens quite frequently.
These sweet boys are more than just brothers, they are built-in playmates, protectors, and best buddies.  I can't wait to continue to watch the friendships grow.  And watch out ladies... we've got some ladies men on our hands, that is for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment