Friday, April 8, 2011

Bedtime Chronicles

Ahhh... good old bedtime.  You could almost set a clock by bedtime happenings in the Cook household.

Jammies, brush teeth, books (or an occasional Backyardigans), night-night, hug, kiss, what are you grateful for today, sweet dreams, love you, shut door, door opens, Mosh emerges and runs down hallway like his pants are on fire, but I want another hug and a kass from Daddy, one more hug and "kass", back to bed, Jack emerges and announces "I have to go poopy", exit stage right to toilet, Joshi appears from bedroom and announces "but I have to go poopy toooooo" (no, not potty trained yet), back to bed, noises coming from the bathroom include grunting and little feet moving the step stool back and forth on the linoleum, Jack's done - finally, back to bed, "we need water", Mom delivers little dixie cups of water like they are prince William and Harry, "more water please", back to the sink, back to the princes' room, night, night, hug, kiss, sweet dreams, love you, ahhhh silence, door opens and slams against wall, a very large bull seems to be running down the hallway, no, it's a 33 pound 2-year old... again, "Jack's scaring me", back to bed, Jack-no scaring your brother, "but he has a bigger blanket than me", "mommy, my tummy is mad at me", good night guys, not another peep tonight, see you in the morning, love you, "mommy, I love you sooo much", night-night, shut door, ahhh silence... again, creeeek, door slowly opens, "I have to go potty", you don't need to tell us, just go, "but which bathroom?", your bathroom, ok, potty, wash hands, sing ABC's while washing hands - twice (the ONLY time we can get him to sing ABC's while washing hands - stalling tactic, or not?), back to bed, "Mommy, will you cover me up", yes dear, "I have too much family (Jack's Family) in my bed, what should I do with them?", some of Jack's family parts ways until morning, night-night, love you.  Alas, silence from the land of prince.

And this is on a good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment