Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Camp Chronicles - Week 2: Day 3

(Oops... wrote this last night but forgot to post it.)

Before I go into day #3 I want to share a tidbit I learned today about yesterday.  Yesterday, here in Minnesota, Mother Nature delivered the highest dew point IN THE WORLD.  Pretty impressive stat, eh?  And my kid survived the highest dew point IN THE WORLD at camp - wow!

On to day #3.  Despite it being another blazingly hot day, the boys seemed to weather it just fine.  In fact, they still had a super-human energy level after a full day of playing in the heat.  I was a little worried about our buddy Grayson as he hopped off the bus though - he did not seem himself.  Heather, my good friend and Grayson's Mommy, seemed to be a little worried as well but handled it with her usual gracefulness and calmness.  He quickly sprung back to his usual self as we entered the air-conditioned YMCA.  Whew!  Thanks Heather and Pamela for your help with our "situation", that I will have to keep a mystery here.  Stats for the day:


Day #3 Stats
Partly Cloudy
Temp: 97 Degrees
Dew point: 72
Feels like: 111 degrees

Day #3 Agenda:
Singing Hill

Snack Time

Cook Out at Robin's Nest
(Sound fun to grill hot dogs and roast marshmallows in 100 degree heat?)

Swimming

Camp Challenge

Singing Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment