Thursday, July 7, 2011

Moshi Turns 3!

Our little middle child has officially turned 3!  How is that possible?  We had not 1, not 2, but 3 parties to celebrate.  On his actual birthday Mommy and Joshi kicked off the day by dropping his brothers off at school and heading to Original Pancake House for some yum.  With full bellies in tow, we headed to Sam's Club to stock up for the upcoming Birthday/Father's Day party on Sunday and then headed to the Mall of America to see the sharkies - one of Joshi's favorite pastimes.  We spent lots of time meandering around checking out the fish and my personal favorites, the jelly fish.  After some lunch and a good, long nap, we headed to Target where he got to pick his birthday fare for the evening.  Much to my surprise, he chose some lovely golf cupcakes.  Hmmm... future Tiger Woods, make that Phil Mickelson.
Check out the bubbles that look to be on their cheeks.
Green frosting doubles as excellent finger paint.
Sunday turned out to be such a fun day!  We had our Florida fam and my Uncle Tim's family over for a BBQ.  We got lucky with a gorgeous day amongst a bunch of rainy days.  We sat on the deck, played catch in the front yard, and consumed far too much wine for one family.  

This picture cracks me up! 
Jamison loves his Godmother.
One week later we celebrated with his "official" birthday party.  We had some friends and family over and had so much fun, especially our little 3 year old.
Must be an important conversation.
 The morning of the party we managed to find some time to play outside.  The driveway and sidewalk were covered in everyone's unique artwork.  We even paid homage to the spot where CeCe broke her arm.  It looked much cooler in person.
Jack is SUPER happy about stopping to have his picture taken.
Cuties Ava and Alexandra.  I was begging to keep them but their Mom's weren't going for it.
Evan, Jonah, and Jamison.  Adorable!!!
Thank you to everyone who helped make Joshi's birthday so special!

Now we just need to figure out how to get this little man to tackle the toilet.  He walked up to me tonight while making dinner and said "Mommy, I have to poop a little bit again but when I'm done you can change me, ok?"  I said "I have a better idea, how about we try to go poopy in the toilet?"  "But I don't want to."  "You are 3 now, when do you think you'll start making friends with the toilet?"  He said "in the afternoon I will, ok Mommy (said very eloquently at 6:30pm)?"  "Ok sweety."

No comments:

Post a Comment