Tuesday, June 14, 2011

So Long Cool - It Was Nice Knowing You


I just had to write one post about myself to proclaim what a complete and total dork I am.  They say the first step is admitting it so here it goes.  

The boys were sound asleep by 8pm so I decided to head out and take my new fancy two-wheeler for a spin.  I've done my fair share of spinning classes but actually riding a bike is a whole different deal - how hard can it be?  It's been a while so I thought it best to hit the pavement before venturing out with the kiddo's dragging behind in their little king tut hut.

Let me tell ya, it was quite the humbling experience.  First of all, who can possibly look remotely cool in a ridiculously un-cool gray helmet?  But you know, I'm a safety girl so it's got to be done.  Along with the safety gear, I was wearing my ugly, lay in bed only glasses and a way too big t-shirt and hideous shorts.  Honestly, I really didn't care... until I hit the road.  My feet kept slipping off the front of the pedals only adding to the utter un-coolness.  I'm pretty sure I saw at least four cars point and chuckle - maybe I was imagining it - no, definitely did not imagine it!

I finally got the hang of it again and had a moment of peace coming down a very large hill.  Just in front of me was the most awesome pink and orange sunset.  Just then, I see a figure in the distance who was also sporting a bike.  As he approached, it was clear he had put a little more thought into his muscular attire.  Oh, did I say muscular?  Let me tell ya, it was like coming upon Arnold Schwarzenegger (but the 80's version) with a tight white tank and no helmet, of course.  Just as he passed me, this big muscular guy, he rang a little bell on his bike.  I thought to myself with a simultaneous chuckle, did he seriously just ring a little girly bell?!?  I immediately smiled to myself and thought - Life's Good!  


The ride continued on and I managed not to flip myself over the handlebars.  It was a good start but I definitely need to clock some more solo time before trusting myself with the little's in tow.  And as far as the coolness piece goes, I got the bell so that must mean something - I'll just keep telling myself that.


No comments:

Post a Comment