Thursday, June 2, 2011

Little J's Big Day

It's official.  Little man Jamison turned the big ONE last week.  As much as I love the first birthday celebration, part of me was also dreading it.  A first birthday unofficially marks the end of babyhood and I'm not too groovy on leaving babyhood behind.  Given the right circumstances, I could have definitely been one of those bizarre Mom's who have litters of kids (Nadya Suleman or the Duggar's ring a bell?) because I love the baby phase so much.  We still have a few more months before J is an official toddler.

The top moments of the day:

10.  Proud big brothers making sure their baby brother felt special at every moment.
9. Yummy appetizer spread created by Mommy - with a little help from her buddy Sam('s).
Joshi, Cousin EJ and Jack, the comedian
8. This outfit.  Could it be any cuter???
7.  Photo ops like these.
Is it me or does this child bare a striking resemblance to our dear old friend, Abe Lincoln?
6.  Grandma, Uncle Colin, Aunt Kathy, Uncle Craig, Auntie Gretchen, and Cousin EJ were on hand to celebrate with us.  I'm pretty sure Uncle Colin finds me and my camera incredibly annoying, just a guess.
  
We can always count on Auntie Gretchen for a big smile.
5.  Oodles of birthday presents for our little man to open (with some help from his big bro's.)  Thanks to our always-so-thoughtful family!
4.  The "Three Boys in a Swimming Pool Cake."  Need I say more on this one?  Well, actually yes, one thing to say.  The Blondie laying on the black tube is not a topless vixon with boy shorts on - it is Jack.
3.  Heavy conversations!  No, not between the adults but the 1 year olds.  Jamison and his cousin Evan were happy to get together and discuss all of the woes of being one.  I love the pics because you can almost read what they are communicating... or what we like to think they are communicating.
Hey, did I say you could eat my ball?
I'm afraid I need to confiscate that now.
What? There's more???
So tell me... do redheads really have more fun?
Abra Cadabra...
2.  Our own little Julie McCoy (a.k.a. Jack) was the party leader extraordinaire.  He devised a grand plot to turn off all the lights in the house while we all wish Jamison a loud, and dark, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  It was midday on a beautiful Sunday afternoon so unfortunately turning off the lights did not have the affect he was hoping for.  He looked up like hey... that's not dark enough.  Just then, Mother Nature stepped in and provided some perfectly timed cloud cover.  It was like she turned off the lights for our little Jack and it was one of those purely magical moments that will not soon be forgotten.
1.  What else could be #1 but the infamous first birthday cake?  True to tradition, Jamison had his very own cake to dig into and although it took a while, he did eventually dig in.  He was far more conservative than Jack and Josh were with their first frosted white stuff, that's for sure.  Cousin E got in on the action too. 
Happy Birthday to our sweet angel Jamison.  We love you to the moon and back a trillion times.

No comments:

Post a Comment