Friday, March 4, 2011

Attack of the Kissing Monster

So, I decided today I'm not going to save the blog for just big events.  I want to start capturing more of the day-to-day happenings of raising three little boys.  There is never a dull day, or dull moment for that matter, so why keep all the fun to ourselves.  Today feels like a good day to start.

Lunch with Mom - I surprised Jack today by picking him up in his room for lunch.  I like to do this at least once a month so we can spend some good quality time together.  I always love how regal he feels when his Mommy picks him up for lunch.  It's like he won the preschool lottery that day and his friends know it too. Sometimes we go for a haircut and a milkshake or we just wander down to the cafeteria at work, as we did today.  Jack settled on a hot dog, curly fries, strawberry milk, and an orange (I know... not exactly a low-cal lunch but I am proud to say he ate the entire orange first.)

About half way through lunch Jack announced "I have to poop."  Immediately, I started running through all possible scenarios in my head.  Do we leave our lunch here while we venture off to the bathroom for 20 or 30 minutes?  Can he eat quick first?  Do we pack a doggy bag?  I decided to leave it up to Jack and he chose to finish eating.  Whew, he must not have to go too bad.  Carry on.  1.25 minutes later "but I really have to poop."  We packed up all our food, delivered it to the dish area and dashed off to the bathroom.  Upon arrival, the bathroom was empty so Jack got the stall of his choosing.  After inspecting 3 of the 4 stalls, he settled in on stall #2.  Appropriate, right?  Unfortunately, the door wouldn't stay closed so I had to stand guard outside the stall.  This was no easy task as the restroom began to fill up during the busy noon lunch rush.  Jack has always been afraid to poop at school so we struck a deal with him - poop at school equals a pack of Skittles.  So, all 4 stalls are full and there are two ladies waiting in line when we suddenly hear "Mommy, since I pooped at school I get Skittles right?"  You could hear chuckles from the other stalls.  I told him "well, you're not technically at school honey."  Since that answer was unacceptable, he devised a very long and complex explanation - from behind the stall wall - as to why he should get the Skittles anyway.  This kids can rival even the best negotiators.

Attack of the Kissing Monster - Now that Joshi is in young pre-school, he gets to play on the BIG playground with all of the BIG kids.  Ms. Cassie, who is actually one of Jack's teachers, was playing the role of the Kissing Monster outside today.  She would chase after the kids threatening to kiss them and they would run from her - all of them - EXCEPT our little lover Josh.  As she approached him, fully expecting him to run in the other direction as the other kids had, he surprised her by running towards her and announcing "yeah, I like kasses!" He then proceeded to plant a big one on her.  She's been Joshified!

What are you grateful for? - I've started asking the boys what they are grateful for every day.  They are still trying to grasp what exactly the word 'grateful' means so I hadn't actually gotten a real answer back, until today when Joshi finally announced he was grateful for his milk!  Now that's success.

Night, night.  Sweet dreams. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment