Monday, March 14, 2011

Not So "Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie"

Kudos to Dad for trying something new tonight!  He called to ask if he should make some dinner for the boys.  I said "oh, we have hamburger. Why don't you whip up some Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie." Crickets.  "Hello?"  "O-ah-ok, I'll give it a try."  When we walked into the house it smelled delicious.  Is there anything better than walking into a house with something cooking in the oven?

Immediately he said "I really screwed this up so you may want to take a look."  I peeked in the oven and other than the fact that it looked like impossibly easy cheeseburger bars (wrong pan) it looked rather edible.  Since they were much flatter than they were supposed to be and therefore cooked much quicker than they were supposed to cook (again, wrong pan) I pulled them out just after the nick of time.  Unfortunately, the boys were not big fans (take this with a grain of salt as they are VERY picky) but Corey and I thought they were surprisingly delicious.  Now don't get me wrong here, he is actually a great cook.  But not so impossibly easy cheeseburger pie actually falls under the "baking" category.  Way to step out of your comfort zone Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment